Sunday, June 23, 2013

Called to Serve!


 February 21st, 2013: The Call





Right after my call arrived in the mail! The excitement was unlike anything I'd ever experienced.
      WOW what a special night it was when I opened my mission call. Every missionary-to-be goes through a process when submitting their papers that involves medical, spiritual, and physical preparation. Once the papers are submitted, it takes about two weeks for the mission call to be assigned and sent in a big white envelope. Those two weeks were near unbearable for me. . . and once I had my call in hand I couldn't wait to open it! There is nothing quite like having the next year and half of your life sitting in an unopened envelope.

Dear Sister Sperry....
  After gathering family and friends together, I took a deep breath and opened the envelope. "Dear Sister Sperry: You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Brazil Ribeirão Preto Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months. You should report to the Brazil Missionary Training Center on 31 July, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Portuguese language."

What a blessing it is to feel so strongly that Brazil is where I am meant to be the next year and a half. Already I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met. <3 Indeed, February 21, 2013 was a very special day.

Grandpa and Grandma Reed will always have a special place in my heart.
       



How blessed I am to have Grandpa and Grandma Sperry! 



 
 

Hayley, my wonderful roommate! See you in Brazil Sister Jensen!
Trev and the lovely Janessa

Tears. Big smiles. BRAZIL HERE I COME!


No comments:

Post a Comment